SAMPLE APPRAISAL CONTENT
Sample Competency: PeopleDevelopment
Description: Someone who encourages others to strive for better personal development.
Behavior: Encourages others to seek out opportunities to further themselves and their careers.Organizational Effectiveness Survey Questions:
- People feel that there are not enough hours in the day.
- People are spending too much time "putting out fires."
- Many people are not aware of what others are doing.
- People lack understanding of where the firm is heading.
- There are too few good managers.
- Everybody feels "I have to do it myself if I want to get it done correctly."
- Most people feel our meetings are a waste of time.
- When plans are made, there is very little follow-up and things just don't get done.
- Some people feel insecure about their place in the firm.
- The firm has continued to grow in sales but not in profits.
- The organization uses the mission statement as a criterion for determining success.
- Mission and vision statements are communicated throughout the organization and prominently displayed.
- Actions and programs of the organization reflect the mission and vision statements.
- Procedures are in place for the review of the mission statements at appropriate intervals.
- The organization can demonstrate that it reviews its mission and vision statements at regular intervals and makes necessary adaptations that support its strategic plan.
- The organization can document how the strategic and/or business plans are aligned with the mission.
- The organization is able to cite examples of cases in which decisions at all levels of the organization were guided by the mission and values of the organization.
- A dynamic and engaged Board clearly understands governance and carries out its responsibility to the organization.
- The organization has diverse business sources so it is not overly dependent on a single business source.
- There is mutual respect, knowledge and integrity between the organization and customers.
- The organization communicates with its major customers on an ongoing basis to address issues or challenges.
- Appropriate financial controls are established and followed within the organization
- Independent auditors conduct financial audits and reviews at regular intervals.
- Financial crises are managed (unpredictable events that are the result of circumstances beyond the control of the management of the organization).
- The organizationës leadership has, as a matter of written policy, established a reserve fund sufficient to cover the organizationës operating expenses for a planned period of time.
- Everyone connected to the organization treats customers with respect and courtesy.
- Facilities provided for customers are safe and well maintained.
- There are well-established, readily available and publicized channels through which the opinions and concerns of customers may be expressed